|Strouse Law Offices|
|413 North 2nd St., Suite 150|
Milwaukee, WI 53203
6233 Durand Ave., Suite 102|
General Instructions Regarding This Form
Need for information. Through the filing of bankruptcy process, we are required as your legal representatives to submit thorough information relating to your financial situation. In order for us to have proper and adequate information, we have created this form. It is a bit lengthy but greatly helps us through the process when thorough data is submitted through it. It is unlikely that you will not have all of the information when filling out this form so we encourage you to contact any sources who may be able to help you provide as much information as requested within this form. Incomplete information can hurt your case. Please note that we cannot do anything on your behalf without this form. Even if some of the items seem trivial, they may be important in the eyes of others. Please call us at 414-390-0820 (Milwaukee), 262-631-5886 (Racine) or 262-577-2215 (Kenosha) with any questions.
The Law Requires a Full and Complete Disclosure.
The law states that if a person deliberately or negligently fails to disclose any asset with a fair market value of $500.00 or more, the court can impose penalties. It also states that if an asset with a fair market value of $500.00 or more was transferred for inadequate consideration, wasted, or given away within a year of or during the course of action or is otherwise unaccounted for, the asset is subject to financial disclosure. Lastly, failure to disclose an asset can also hurt your credibility in the eyes of the court.
Fair Market Value is Your Best Estimate of What an Item Could Sell for At the Present.
Estimated value requests within this form refer to what you think something could realistically sell for at the present time, not its purchase or replacement prices. Use your best guess. Some of the items you will need to give a Fair Market Value on are household items like furniture, appliances, furnishings and other similar classes of property. Make sure to not have sentimental values factor in to your equations.
FOR DOCUMENTS NEEDED, PLEASE FAX THEM TO 414-220-5115 AFTER COMPLETING THIS ONLINE FORM. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A FAX MACHINE, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AND WE CAN MAKE ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS.
LIST OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS. PLEASE FAX THEM TO 414-220-5115.
- TAX RETURNS. Please furnish copies of your state and federal income tax returns for the last two years including all schedules, 1099's and W2s. The trustee in your case
is going to require these records and will keep a copy.
- COPIES OF YOUR TWO MOST RECENT PAYCHECK STUBS. These items are needed in order to accurately calculate and report your current income. Please be aware we need the full paycheck stub not just a copy of the check.
- COPIES OF ALL TITLES TO ANY VEHICLES. This includes cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles. It does not matter if you have a loan on any of these vehicles.
- COPIES OF PROPERTY TAX BILLS FOR ANY PROPERTIES OF WHICH YOU ARE PART OR WHOLE OWNER. Please furnish a copy of any of the most recent property tax bills showing fair market values.
- COPY OF YOUR RECORDED DEED(S).
- COPY OF YOUR RECORDED MORTGAGE(S).
- COPY OF YOUR MOST RECENT RETIREMENT/PENSION STATEMENTS.
We cannot prepare or file your petition without these documents. It s your responsibility to furnish these items upon completion of this worksheet.
Proceed to Next Page